Tuesday 8 November 2011

Making Roti Canai / Japati / Murtabak/Roti prata

Making Roti Canai 
My first attempt at rolling out the Roti, well technically not my first but I am  sure it looks like my first. 
Getting better!
Finished!
Roti with dahl.
Recipe for Roti I used is from Charmain Solomon's book "The complete Asian cookbook" 1997 version on Page 258 called Murtabak .
I am not allowed to copy the full recipe down but here is the Basic Ingredients: plain flour , a little lukewarm water and lots of oil/ghee for kneading and resting. Rest for one hour then it is ready to be rolled and cooked. Before eating give them a fluff by clapping them between your hands(I call this action Pok Pok I think it is chinese Hokkien term/slang?) Edit: If you can find an Asian flat bread pan(for stove use) that would be best. If not the use the thinnest  pan you have(pancake pan?). 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by!